Late Effects of Thyroid Cancer
The potential late effects following treatment for thyroid cancer depend on the therapy received, the age of the child when the treatment took place, and many other factors.
There are a couple of very important resources that you should be aware of as a survivor of children’s cancer. The Childhood Cancer Survivor Long-Term Follow-Up Guidelines is a comprehensive set of healthcare screening guidelines designed for use by health care providers. In addition to the guidelines for healthcare providers, there is a series of Health Links that contain important information for patients regarding their long-term health. These Health Links cover a wide range of topics to assist patients in managing their ongoing health care. Your healthcare provider can review them with you.
Survivors of all cancers will benefit from learning more about the following topics:
- Reducing the risk of second cancers
- School and learning issues after children’s cancer
- Finding appropriate healthcare after children’s cancer
- Emotional issues after children’s cancer
You can also learn about some of the more common issues of concern to survivors of liver cancer by reviewing the following articles:
- Kidney health after treatment for children’s cancer
- Hearing problems after children’s cancer
- Heart problems after treatment for children’s cancer
- Liver health after children’s cancer