To the CureSearch Community:
Like you, we’re closely monitoring the current situation surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and following national and local recommendations for precautionary measures, travel and community gatherings. We also recognize that many of us interact with immune-compromised children on a daily basis and that it’s important to exercise an abundance of caution.
With the safety of our patient families, volunteers and staff top of mind, we have made the decision to postpone all events scheduled between now and May 8th, including our annual CureSearch Summit and our Lone Star and Foothills Ultimate Hike events. Anyone impacted by these changes will receive additional updates directly over the coming days and weeks. We hope that you’ll continue to participate in and support these important events; they are critical in our ability to drive our mission forward.
We’ll continue to monitor the situation both nationally and locally and are creating contingency plans, if needed, for all other upcoming events. Updates will follow. If you are planning to host your own event in the coming weeks, please take all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of your event participants and adhere to your local public health department and CDC recommendations.
We encourage everyone to follow CDC guidelines to help lower risk of infection, including limiting close social contact, staying home when sick, frequent hand washing and avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth. If you are a childhood cancer patient family, please stay in touch with your home (treating) institution and treating team for additional information. Your hospital’s website should have the most up-to-date information.
We’re grateful to our entire community for their support, patience and flexibility during this time as we take all precautions to ensure the safety of our participants, volunteers and staff. Despite the challenges we face, it’s important to remember that our kids can’t wait for new, better cancer treatments.That’s why we’ll continue to raise funds, support new research, and drive critical collaborations to accelerate the pace of pediatric drug development. We can’t do it without you. Thank you for your continued commitment and support.
For the most up to date information on COVID-19, visit the CDC website here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html