Posted: June 23, 2017
This is the third post in our “Introduction to Catapult” series on the blog. Each week we will highlight a new Catapult topic so you can better understand this groundbreaking strategy.
Now that you know why we created CureSearch Catapult, we would like to share the strategy behind it.
In order to advance better, less toxic treatments for children with cancer, CureSearch is:
(1) Driving patient-centered research to the clinic
- Funding Phase I/II pediatric cancer clinical trials through the Catapult Impact Fund and arming researchers with the technical guidance and connections to catapult their research out of the lab and into pediatric clinical trials and commercialization, where it can broadly reach children.
- Keeping researchers accountable to patient-centered milestones
- Exploring both novel therapies and repurposing opportunities
- *We are currently reviewing research finalists for our Ignition Award which will fund the Phase I clinical trial for a novel children’s cancer treatment. Stay tuned for exciting developments on this project!
(2) Providing comprehensive support to researchers and developers
- Help developers navigate regulatory processes and take advantage of legislative incentives like the Pediatric Priority Review Voucher and Orphan Designation
- Serve as a gateway for identifying and recruiting children for clinical trials and provide families/clinicians with the full landscape of children’s cancer clinical trials in easy-to-understand terms
(3) Convening all the right players to save children NOW
- Bringing together a cross-section of leaders (see CureSearch network web below) to collectively overcome obstacles to more, better children’s cancer treatments.
- Facilitating collaborations between academic researchers and pharma to explore and advance new treatments.
CureSearch Catapult incentivizes the development of childhood cancer treatments and provides resources and expertise to accelerate progress.
Our collective goal is to save children with cancer NOW, and through the Catapult strategy, that is what we’re doing.
Help us advance better, less toxic treatments for children with cancer by donating toward Catapult’s lifesaving strategy. Give today so these children can survive and live longer, healthier lives tomorrow.
Want more stories like this?
Get emails that matter, when it matters.