Job Title: Intern, Strategic Initiatives – Pharmaceutical and Biotech
Reports to: National Director of Strategic Initiatives
Status: $500 Stipend, Temporary
CureSearch for Children’s Cancer is conducting a search for the right person to join our highly passionate, talented and dedicated team for an internship full of hard work and high reward. We offer you the chance to experience an internship with responsibility and high demands — one which can offer in return not just an opportunity to learn new job skills and build a resume, but also a chance to feel good about the work you do. We, as a team, fight to end children’s cancer.
The role is unpaid but includes a $500 stipend. Whenever appropriate, CureSearch will work with an intern’s school to meet course credit requirements.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume.
The Strategic Initiatives Intern – Pharmaceutical and Biotech will contribute to CureSearch’s goals by supporting development and programmatic strategies through research and prospecting strategic and philanthropic partnerships. The successful candidate will explore potential relationships with pharmaceutical and biotech companies, clinical research organizations (CROs) and others in this space. The Intern may further contribute by assisting with event project management. The Strategic Initiatives Intern’s assignments will call on an individual’s research, communication, organizational and creative problem-solving skills.
This internship is remote — you may work from home or other alternate location. It is part-time and the hours somewhat flexible so as to allow the successful candidate to fully commit to their education.
Possible Areas of Work to be Performed Under the Guidance of the Strategic Initiative Director
- Research corporations and industries that align with CureSearch’s brand and mission.
- Identify strongest contact(s) to have Info & Discovery conversations
- Manage an outreach plan focused on expanding and enhancing corporate relationships
- Draft outbound messages for National Director to send to identified contacts aimed at garnering a meeting
- Enter data into Raiser’s Edge NXT to support its use as a client relationship management tool
- Assist in event planning
- Available at least 10 hours per week and, above all, have a desire to make a difference
- Completed at least two years of higher education
- Access to a suitable remote work environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Interest and/or experience in pharmaceutical and biotech industry, a plus.
- Life science coursework preferred
- Ability to quickly develop knowledge of CureSearch research and education programs
- Ability to conduct research, draw sound conclusions and communicate those conclusions to others
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, monitor own work to ensure quality, and work productively with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated creativity, energy and ambition to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to set and meet goals in a timely manner
- Background/knowledge in sales and marketing is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Skill in working with a fundraising database a plus
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications
- While performing the duties of this internship, the intern is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, stoop or kneel
- Intern will constantly require the ability to talk, hear, and operate a computer
- Able to lift 25 – 30 lbs and perform basic set up & take down of event equipment (folding tables, loading/unloading and moving boxes, setting up displays, etc)
The above statements describe the level of work expected in general terms. The statements are not intended to list all the responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. The content herein is subject to change, with or without due notice.
We are proud to be an EEO Employer.
For consideration please submit a cover letter and resume to: HR-BC4@curesearch.org