Department: Campaign Development
Reports to: National Director, Campaign Development
Supervises: Interns / Volunteers
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Manager, Campaign Development is responsible for implementing and managing fundraising campaigns in assigned markets to achieve revenue goals and develop impactful volunteer, corporate and community relationships. Campaign responsibilities may include Superheroes Unite walks, Ultimate Hike endurance events, and CureSearch Gold volunteer-led events. This position will serve as an articulate spokesperson to the donor community and a variety of key constituencies to enhance recognition and support for CureSearch. The successful candidate will be a natural relationship builder with a strong fundraising background and the ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Direct campaign and event responsibility for this position will be in key markets throughout the Mid- South Atlantic region, and the ideal candidate will work remotely from a home office within that region. The successful candidate will be able and willing to engage in local, regional and national travel at least 30 percent of time.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee all aspects of assigned fundraising campaigns and events, including participant and team recruitment, fundraising support and strategies, volunteer development, corporate development, and event management.
- Recruit, train and mobilize high level volunteers to drive campaign recruitment and fundraising efforts.
- Develop and execute tactics for increasing corporate campaign participation and sponsorship growth.
- Proactively manage to an assigned budget, assessing and redirecting as needed throughout the year. Accurately forecast expected revenue and expenses.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants and sponsors.
- Assist in identifying key market areas for growth potential and in the identification of prospective supporters.
- Work with Communications department to facilitate event media coverage, fundraising websites and social media tools to communicate with event participants and increase participation and revenue.
- Participate in an organizational imperative to put donors first, to connect them with the mission and the event, to renew their support year over year, and when appropriate, expand their engagement to other philanthropic and leadership opportunities within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in a fundraising or volunteer development role, preferably with experience managing walk, endurance, or other peer to peer campaigns.
- Proven success in meeting fundraising goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge highly desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate and present in a professional demeanor with constituents at all levels.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, stoop or kneel. Some of the work of this position will be performed outdoors in varying climate and conditions.
- Able to lift 25 – 30 lbs and perform basic set up & take down of event equipment (folding tables, loading/unloading and moving boxes, setting up displays, etc).
CureSearch has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. The Company reserves the right to change this position description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
We are proud to be an EEO Employer.
For consideration please submit a cover letter and resume to: HR-BC4@curesearch.org