Job Title: Manager, Digital Marketing
Reports to: VP, Communications & Campaign Development
Supervises: Contractors, Interns, Volunteers
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
The Digital Marketing Manager will develop and execute strategies to support strategic and fundraising goals across all departments, expand CureSearch’s digital footprint, leverage and grow partnerships, and engage new and existing supporters. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in non-profit marketing, digital marketing with an emphasis on social media strategy/management, campaign analysis, and online fundraising strategies. This key position will develop content that sustains the organization’s voice across all digital communications platforms. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent writing and editing skills.
This is a remote position and the candidate must have a home office and the ability to work independently while also utilizing tools and technology to collaborate and communicate in a virtual environment.
Salary $55,000-$70,000. Please submit a cover letter and resume to: HR-BC4@curesearch.org.
- Develop and execute marketing and communications strategies to support the strategic goals of each organizational department.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive editorial calendar to support key initiatives and events, leverage partnerships, drive brand messaging and ensure relevant and engaging content across all digital channels.
- Create and manage content for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media channels to build brand awareness, enhance partnerships, support fundraising initiatives, and strategically engage with each platform’s unique audience.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing campaigns, including SEO/SEM, email, and social mediato drive website traffic, build our social audience, and support campaign recruitment efforts.
- Manage all components of the organization’s digital platform, including graphic design, website development, email and social media.
- Build strong media relationships with reporters, bloggers and influencers and create engaging and effective pitches to secure national and regional promotion of key announcements and initiatives.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of key issues impacting pediatric cancer research.
- Cultivate relationships with influencers, bloggers and like-minded groups in the pediatric cancer space, leading to measurable revenue and brand awareness impact.
- Develop written content for email, blog and social media.
- Develop and manage video content and related platforms.
- Ensure all digital content is consistent in terms of style, quality and brand voice, with attention to SEO optimization.
- Collect and strategize utilization of user generated content for all social channels.
- Contribute to the development of a long-term strategy for electronic giving that promotes the CureSearch brand and inspires financial support.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Evaluate emerging technologies and trends. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a multi-faceted marketing position; experience working for a non-profit organization preferred.
- In-depth working knowledge of social media platforms and best practices.
- Experience managing SEO/SEM, email, and/or social media advertising campaigns.
- Up to date on digital marketing and digital fundraising trends and technologies.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our organization’s various types of content.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment while building and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with colleagues and supervisors.
- Desire and ability to thrive in fast-paced, resource-constrained environment.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop or similar software. Proficiency in HTML is a plus.
- Occasional travel may be required, estimated at <10%.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to: regularly spend long hours sitting and using a phone and computers; regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand; occasionally lift and carry 5-10 pounds.
CureSearch has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this position description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
We are proud to be an EEO Employer.