CureSearch for Children’s Cancer is looking for the right person to join us as we strive to meet our mission to end childhood cancer by driving targeted and innovative research with measurable results in an accelerated time frame. Our Donor Services Manager works closely with our development team as they fundraise in support of the organization’s efforts to bring new and less toxic cancer treatments to children. Our Donor Services Manager is an important part of a staff of passionate, committed professionals who work tirelessly to end childhood cancer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
The Manager, Donor Services manages the databases to support effective, responsive donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and recognition. The incumbent ensures accurate data entry and report creation to support fundraising efforts. Oversees all aspects of gift processing and reporting. Develops and implements gift processing and quality controls policies and procedures. Works closely with the Communications and Finance departments. This is a full-time, exempt (salaried) position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Effectively manage a small team.
- Provide data to senior management and fundraising leadership regarding the setting of strategies and objectives for fundraising programs.
- Collaborate extensively with development staff to document, establish and disseminate best practice in data entry, querying, and reporting.
- Train all incoming staff members on use of Luminate, Raiser’s Edge, and procedures having to do with revenue.
- Direct all aspects of routine gift processing, implement effective procedures and monitor service levels required to maintain donor relationships.
- Partner with Development and Finance staff to ensure accurate and timely processing, reporting, posting and maintenance of donations and donor information to meet CureSearch internal standards and comply with audit requirements.
- Create, apply, and cross reference standard codes for campaigns, funds, appeals and donation pages.
- Implement and manage quality controls to ensure accurate processing of donor gifts.
- Work with Development team to develop new acknowledgements or to revise current acknowledgements as required.
- Work with Development to improve the number of ways that donors can donate, while maintaining the data health of Raiser’s Edge and Luminate, (i.e. Facebook Fundraising).
- Manage and administer the data entry of all constituent information and of all donations received by mail, online, electronic funds transfers, telephone, etc. in Raiser’s Edge and – Luminate.
- Ensure proper data syncing and integration between Raiser’s Edge and Luminate.
- Supervise the data entry process, ensuring accuracy.
- Ensure the database is functioning as a robust client relationship management system, with appropriate use of attribute codes, media, notes, and actions for constituents in Raiser’s Edge/NXT.
- Serve as a resource for advice or information related to the Raiser’s Edge/NXT database.
- Continue ongoing work to maintain and improve overall data health in both Raiser’s Edge and Luminate, including keeping the record count under 500,000. Document and manage regular data housekeeping procedures.
- Manage updates and changes to coding structure to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Maintain internal controls and adequate records to safeguard the database and daily cash receipts. Provide a paper trail through which auditors may later retrace transactions.
Donor Services & Stewardship
- Oversee the creation and processing of timely, accurate donor acknowledgement letters. Ensure all acknowledgements are accurate and meet IRS requirements.
- Assume primary responsibility for the quality recording and reporting of donations that need special attention, i.e., Board of Directors, stock gifts, planned gifts, etc.
- Ensure deadlines can be met even during periods of heavy gift volume.
- Assist with gift support.
- Generate for Development print mailing lists,recognition lists, and legacy fund reporting.
- Respond to donor inquiries via email and telephone.
- Promote and manage the matching gift program.
- Assist with the implementation of the Donor Stewardship Guide.
Data Analytics & Reporting
- Define, customize and produce reports from Raiser’s Edge and Luminate, in a timely manner.
- Generate audience segmentations for all email communication for the organization in Luminate.
- Recommend data points and benchmarks from which to evaluate the growth of fundraising and social media campaigns.
- Report on financial information, donor trends, constituent engagement trends, and any other analysis to aid strategic advancement of social media and fundraising campaigns.
- Lead efforts to correct or resolve linking/syncing the various databases.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience managing check/gift processing, preferably with a non-profit organization.
- Exceptional knowledge and experience with Raiser’s Edge/NXT database, Luminate, and Trello.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Demonstrated trustworthiness for handling donations.
- Self-starter with advanced customer service skills and experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with constituents at all levels.
- Sense of urgency and ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Comfortable working remotely.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relevant gift reporting and accounting requirements to ensure compliance with IRS and FASB regulations and industry standards. Basic knowledge of donor services, tax receipt and acknowledgment production and process.
The above statements describe the level of work expected in general terms. The statements are not intended to list all the responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of employees so classified, and that the content herein is subject to change, with or without due notice.
We are proud to be an EEO Employer.
For consideration please submit a cover letter and resume to: HR-BC4@curesearch.org