Reports to: National Director, Donor Development
Status: Non-exempt, Part-time
CureSearch for Children’s Cancer is a non-profit organization conducting a search for the right person to join our highly passionate, talented and dedicated team. We offer you the chance to put your experience and energy to work for an agile, forward-thinking organization in pursuit of ending childhood cancer. The role comes with responsibility and high demands, but offers the significant reward of feeling good about the work you do and working along side others that share your drive. We, as a team, fight to end children’s cancer.
The Annual Fund Manager is an important support & fundraising role for CureSearch’s efforts to end childhood cancer. The Annual Fund Manager will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors with a specific focus on cultivating individual donors of less than $5000. The Manager will also help to help diversify and grow the organization’s revenue streams by leading our direct mail and email campaigns in partnership with our communications team, and by overseeing our Workplace Giving program.
The Manager will own and build upon a personal portfolio of donors and prospects as well as partner with the senior management team on identifying, engaging and managing new donors. The incumbent will positively impact our fundraising efforts by helping ensure donors and donor records are treated with respect and care. The Annual Fund Manager interacts with all constituencies, including donors, fundraisers, volunteers and vendors, representing our mission and our team in a professional, friendly and engaging manner.
This role is part-time (25-27 hours per week), $22-$25/hour, and will be conducted remotely from the successful candidate’s home office. Specific daily work hours are somewhat flexible. Travel (once safe) is expected up to 10% of the time.
Please submit a cover letter and resume HR-BC4@CURESEARCH.ORG.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for achieving a fundraising goal of $450,000 through annual and general giving, direct mail initiatives, Workplace Giving, and online giving initiatives.
- In partnership with the National Director, manage a portfolio of donors at various stages of the fundraising cycle from identification through solicitation and stewardship, with individualized cultivation plans for potential major donors.
- Directly solicit new and existing donors.
- Meet key donors and donor prospects, build long term relationships and develop regular touch points for moves management planning.
- Manage Workplace Giving revenue stream.
- Coordinate and edit donor reports and provide for distribution cross-departmentally.
- Help to schedule meetings and prepare materials for National Director, Donor Development, CEO, and other organization leaders.
- Maximize technology and fundraising systems to achieve development objectives.
- Maintain thorough documentation of activity using the Raiser’s Edge database including filing professional contact reports on a timely basis, planning solicitations on an 18-month timeline, and keeping target gift values and relationship stages up to date.
Position Requirements and Preferences
- Minimum 2 years of progressively responsible experience in donor development.
- Possess a strong record of cultivating donors through multiple channels and securing gifts.
- Experience identifying giving opportunities and thinking creatively to establish matches between donors and funding priorities.
- Experience conducting prospect research and qualifying constituents to target highest potential donors.
- Experience in developing donor-centric cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Proficiency with donor related CRM database systems.
- Experience working for a nonprofit that supports children’s causes a plus.
- Ability to imagine, research, develop and coherently propose new ways to engage prospective and current donors.
- Ability to work effectively and persuasively with senior leaders.
- Complete confidence and comfort interacting with high net worth individuals and families.
- Excellent oral communicator who speaks with clarity and purpose to internal and external constituencies.
- Excellent written and graphic presentation skills. Able to quickly and consistently produce compelling donor communications and collateral as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of flexibility and initiative.
- Strong work ethic, confidentiality, evidence of good judgment, and integrity.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
CureSearch has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this position description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
CureSearch has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this position description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
We are proud to be an EEO employer.
Interested applicants can submit their resume to: