Reports to: Director, Community Engagement & Fundraising
Location: Fully Remote
Pay: $62,000 - $68,000 annually
For over 35 years, CureSearch for Children’s Cancer has been a driving force in pediatric cancer research. We fund research that drives new, more effective, and less toxic therapies to the clinic, and our scientific agenda has propelled us to the top in the pediatric cancer arena. Funding research with a clear path to clinical trial, our unique strategy accelerates the development of better treatments for the more than 15,000 children diagnosed each year. Our purpose-driven team collaborates in a remote, supportive, and connected environment. If you’re a proven leader looking to make an impact in a mission-driven organization, this position is for you!
Learn more about our mission at www.curesearch.org.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position is full-time, exempt, and is a key role in the Development department. This position reports to the Director of Community Engagement & Fundraising and supervises community volunteers, event volunteers, and interns. As the Community Engagement Manager, you’ll partner with volunteer leaders to foster community relationships, drive fundraising event participation, and engage and support families impacted by cancer in an assigned region. You’ll advance our mission by working within communities to recruit participants for our signature Ultimate Hike and CureSearch Walk events and guiding their fundraising success. You’ll help build and work closely with local boards to mobilize communities to create new sources of sustainable funding and steward our supporters to ensure long-term engagement with our organization.
This role will work remotely from a home-based office with a strong preference for candidates in Philadelphia, Denver, Minneapolis, DC/Northern Virginia, Raleigh/Durham, or Atlanta, and with easy access to a major airport.
1. Revenue Generation
- Implement a comprehensive community fundraising and events strategy aligned with the organization's mission and fundraising goals.
- Achieve budgeted annual revenue goals (approximately $500,000) by recruiting, supporting, and mobilizing high-level community volunteers to:
- Develop and implement strategies for increasing event participation and sponsorship growth
- Develop and implement creative local fundraising campaigns that resonate with the community
- Engage and support third-party fundraisers in the community
- Build local corporate relationships that lead to financial or in-kind support
- Ensure net revenue targets are achieved by proactively managing and reducing expenses and improving overall cost efficiency.
- Drive high-impact fundraising by providing guidance and support for event participants in our Ultimate Hike, CureSearch Walk, and/or CureSearch Gold campaigns.
2. Community Engagement:
- Support organizational growth through the development and support of high-impact, influential community leadership boards.
- Assist in identifying key markets for growth potential and the development of local leadership boards.
- Develop and nurture relationships with community groups, businesses, volunteers, and supporters to enhance community engagement and support.
- Represent CureSearch and our mission at community events
- Develop personalized stewardship plans to acknowledge and recognize donors' contributions.
3. Signature Fundraising Events
- Monitor event recruitment and fundraising progress, analyze results, and make data-driven adjustments to ensure event revenue goals are met.
- Collaborate with the internal event team to ensure engaging signature event experiences for volunteers, participants, and sponsors.
- Provide onsite and logistical support when needed.
4. Marketing and Communications:
- Collaborate with the marketing team and local board marketing chair to create compelling messaging and materials for community fundraising initiatives.
- Utilize local communication channels to effectively promote programs and events.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (such as Nonprofit Management, Marketing, Communications, or Business).
- Successful experience (3+ years) in community fundraising, peer-to-peer fundraising, volunteer engagement, or related roles.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in using fundraising software and tools
- Results-oriented with the ability to meet fundraising targets
- Knowledge of fundraising regulations and ethical practice
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required; estimated travel 15-20%, varying by month
- Passion for the organization's mission and the ability to develop a deep understanding of local communities
- You must possess a valid driver's license.
- Occasional night and weekend work is required as needed for onsite events.
- You must be able to lift 25 - 30 lbs. and perform basic event preparations (e.g., setting up and breaking down equipment, folding tables, moving boxes, setting up displays, etc.)
TEAM, CULTURE, SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an autonomous and flexible remote work environment with a team that is welcoming, supportive, and connected. We’re scattered across the U.S., but we feel like we’re sitting next to each other (when we need to be). We do our best work laughing and learning from each other.
CureSearch offers fair and competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous paid time off (vacation, sick, and float holiday time), summer Fridays, the week off between Christmas and New Year’s, wellness benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match after one year of employment. As a remote team, we also offer equipment and phone stipends.
The annualized salary range for this position is $62,000 - $68,000.
“Curesearch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Curesearch is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women."
CureSearch is committed to providing all employees and applicants with fair and equal employment opportunities. Please apply if this is a role that will get you excited to come to work each day. Our team comprises purpose-driven and caring individuals with different professional and personal backgrounds. We support and learn from each other and hope to do that with you!
Curesearch for Children’s Cancer understands diversity strengthens organizational decision-making. We are working to diversify our team and strongly encourage members of traditionally under-represented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ-identified people, gender-nonconforming people, people with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.
If you'd like to learn more about us and this position, please submit your resume detailing your relevant experience by December 15, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org.