Reports to: Director, Marketing & Communications
Location: Fully Remote
Pay: $60,000 - $65,000 annually
For over 35 years, CureSearch for Children’s Cancer has been a driving force in pediatric cancer research. We fund research that drives new, more effective, and less toxic therapies to the clinic, and our scientific agenda has propelled us to the top in the pediatric cancer arena. Funding research with a clear path to clinical trial, our unique strategy accelerates the development of better treatments for the more than 15,000 children diagnosed each year. Our purpose-driven team collaborates in a remote, supportive, and connected environment. If you’re a proven leader looking to make an impact in a mission-driven organization, this position is for you!
Learn more about our mission at www.curesearch.org.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position is full-time, exempt, and is a key role in the Marketing and Communications department. This position reports to the Director, Marketing and Communications and supervises junior team members including interns, consultants, and volunteers. The Manager of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the creation and management of engaging content to support our fundraising and development program initiatives across communications platforms: website, social media, annual appeals, donor communications, emails, public relations, and other print and digital platforms. This role will work closely with the Director to manage relationships with media outlets, corporate partner marketing teams, and marketing volunteers.
You’ll use your skills in content creation to craft compelling stories about our research, patient families, volunteers, and partners, and will communicate complex scientific information in a clear and digestible way.
Marketing Strategy Execution
- Develop blog content, press releases, press kits, digital and print collateral, and related materials.
- Manage brand guidelines. Ensure that content created by other staff or partners adheres to brand standards to ensure consistency.
- Manage web content and work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to strengthen SEO strategy.
- Assist in the development of creative and engaging fundraising campaigns. Support design staff to add strong branding, visual interest, and cohesiveness to content.
- Define target audiences across development efforts- donors, research, corporate partners, etc.- and identify new marcom tactics for reaching these audiences and increasing engagement.
- Maintain a monthly editorial calendar. Contribute to a broader annual editorial calendar.
- Create media lists and build relationships with outlets and reporters. Partner with volunteer leaders to further press relationships in key markets.
- Maintain marketing reports and provide insights based on tracking against benchmark KPIs.
- Supervise interns and volunteers as needed.
- Build and maintain an up-to-date staff content library.
- Partner closely with team leads to gather and disseminate important updates about their department as needed, including running monthly editorial meetings and writing for the employee newsletter.
- Maintain our project management process, working in Trello and communicating with colleagues/stakeholders as necessary to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field.
- 2-4 years of professional experience producing written content for multiple mediums.
- Non-profit experience is a plus.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our organization’s various types of content.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also use data benchmarking to make decisions that drive business growth.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, resource-constrained environment.
- Capable of setting clear priorities and nimble enough to adjust as new opportunities arise.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
CureSearch has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this position description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
CureSearch is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment and employment is determined based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
TEAM, CULTURE, SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an autonomous and flexible remote work environment with a team that is welcoming, supportive, and connected. We’re scattered across the U.S., but we feel like we’re sitting next to each other (when we need to be). We do our best work laughing and learning from each other.
CureSearch offers fair and competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous paid time off (vacation, sick, and float holiday time), summer Fridays, the week off between Christmas and New Year’s, wellness benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match after one year of employment. As a remote team, we also offer equipment and phone stipends.
The annualized salary range for this position is $60,000 - $65,000.
“Curesearch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Curesearch is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women."
CureSearch is committed to providing all employees and applicants with fair and equal employment opportunities. Please apply if this is a role that will get you excited to come to work each day. Our team comprises purpose-driven and caring individuals with different professional and personal backgrounds. We support and learn from each other and hope to do that with you!
Curesearch for Children’s Cancer understands diversity strengthens organizational decision-making. We are working to diversify our team and strongly encourage members of traditionally under-represented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ-identified people, gender-nonconforming people, people with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.
If you'd like to learn more about us and this position, please submit your resume detailing your relevant experience by November 10, 2023, to email@example.com.