Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Status: 20 hours per month, through Aug. 31, 2023 with potential to extend
Pay: $15 per hour
For over 30 years, CureSearch for Children’s Cancer has been a driving force in pediatric cancer research. Our unique funding strategy is changing the pediatric cancer landscape by accelerating the development of new and better treatments for the more than 15,000 children diagnosed each year in the U.S. Our purpose-driven and passionate team collaborates in a remote, supportive and connected environment. If you’re looking to feel good about the work you do and the people you work with, consider joining us!
Learn more about our mission at www.curesearch.org.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re currently seeking an individual to join our Marketing and Communications Team as a Marketing and Communications Intern. Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Director, this role will gain experience and knowledge in launching marketing projects and tasks including social media management, copywriting, and content development.
Some of the things that you’ll be doing include:
- Assisting our staff with executing a social media strategy
- Creating relevant social media posts about our campaigns, research funding and events, bringing awareness to our mission and growing our audiences
- Interacting with followers and thanking supporters, volunteers and corporate partners for their support
- Providing copywriting support across all communication channels
- Working closely with the graphic designer and other team members to produce collateral
- Researching audience activity and behavior
- Collaborating respectfully and productively with team members
The gross hourly rate for this position is $15 per hour. This is a paid internship without benefits.
Work Hours, Travel & Other Requirements
- The intern must be able to work up to 20 hours per month during office hours, 9am to 5pm EST.
- All work is done remotely. Equipment is not provided. The intern should be very comfortable communicating remotely via Slack, email and video conferencing.
- The internship requires long periods of sitting, working with a computer, collaborating using technology and access to a reliable internet connection.
- You are a purpose-driven, enthusiastic, and collaborative thinker and doer who values attention to detail.
- You are currently enrolled in a marketing or communications undergraduate degree program or interested in pursuing a career in marketing.
- You have some experience in social media, communications, or marketing for a brand.
- You have strong copywriting skills.
- You have working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva.
- You have the ability to prioritize and work independently.
- You have a successful track record working collaboratively in a team environment
Working in close partnership with the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Communications Manager…
- You are a creative thinker who is not afraid to bring new ideas to the table.
- You are comfortable communicating via email with volunteers, supporters, influencers and other contacts as it pertains to gathering stories and collaborating for content development.
- You are able to assist the team in project management and other marketing and communications administrative tasks.
- You are proactive and enthusiastic about learning new tools and platforms.
We offer an autonomous and flexible remote work environment with a team that is welcoming, supportive and connected. We’re scattered across the US but, when we’re collaborating, we feel like we’re sitting next to each other. We do our best work engaging and learning from each other. We encourage a friendly and supportive style of communication and often give each other “shoutouts” via our #kudos Slack channel.
“Curesearch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Curesearch is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women."
If you'd like to learn more about us and this position, please submit your resume and include your responses to the following prescreen questions by June 2, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have experience designing content, digital or print, for a business?
- Are you a strong copywriter?
- Have you managed social media for a brand before?
- Do you have experience with email marketing? (not required but a plus)
CureSearch is committed to providing fair and equal employment opportunities to all employees, interns and applicants. Please apply if this is a role that will get you excited to come to work each day. Our team is made up of purpose-driven and caring individuals with different professional and personal backgrounds. We support and learn from each other and hope to do that with you!