It is our goal to protect the future of children diagnosed with cancer by delivering better, less-toxic treatments. This can’t happen without your support and we thank you for every dollar donated in the fight against children’s cancer. Read about how together we are making great strides through our research strategy in our latest Impact Report.
Our Impact on Research
Through our research programs, we support researchers and projects that are laser-focused on accelerating treatments with results. We’ve seen great progress. Key highlights include:
- 25 new drugs in preclinical testing for high-risk brain cancer, sarcoma, leukemia and Wilms tumor
- 300+ potential new drug targets being studied for 9 types of children’s cancer
- 1 investigational new drug (IND) application submitted to Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- 1 novel drug for Ewing sarcoma nearing pediatric clinical trials
- 3 clinical trials for late effects and adolescent/young adult transition
Our Impact on Families and Communities
More than one million families have connected to curesearch.org for instantly available resources, tools and information about children’s cancer. Additionally, in order to support families during their child’s diagnosis and treatment, CureSearch has developed the free CancerCare mobile app. CureSearch continues to invest in local hospitals by creating CureSearch Community Impact Awards, which address immediate needs of childhood cancer patients and their families through psycho-social and pilot early-phase clinical trial funding. Finally, CureSearch hosts events around the nation that bring together communities to celebrate and honor children affected by cancer.