Maya Angelou once said, “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” It is no secret that giving back instills feelings of wellbeing, gratitude and a renewed sense of purpose. For example, volunteering is a great way to build or hone new skills while making a real difference in your community.
As you think about your resolutions for 2018, consider how giving back doesn’t always require an immense amount of time or money. Here are five ways to give back now and throughout 2018:
- Get involved with CureSearch: We offer several options to get involved with our cause in 2018, including:
- Join our team on life-changing adventure with the Ultimate Hike and experience the joy of hiking for our mission to end children’s cancer.
- Start a team and join us for one of the Superheroes Unite! walks, this fundraising event is a day of celebration for our cancer-fighting superheroes and honors the children who have passed.
- Create your own fundraiser with CureSearch Gold, a fun and virtual way to raise money for children’s cancer.
- Offer your skills: Become a mentor or tutor to someone who would benefit from your experience or give your time to a non-profit organization that is looking for extra help using your expertise. This is a great way to build your resume, further hone your skills and build new relationships.
- Help your kids organize a food or clothing drive or another charitable event. Consider the CureSearch Gold program and start a neighborhood block party, bake sale or a dance competition benefitting CureSearch.
- Sign up for your workplace giving program. Many organizations offer a match to your charitable donation; make your gift go further with the help of your employer. Reach out to your workplace community engagement contact to see how you can donate, volunteer or speak out for a cause that matters most to you.
- Send an encouraging message or handwritten note card to someone going through a difficult time. A simple note is a quick and effective way to show someone you’re thinking of them.
Resolve to give back to a cause that matters most to you in 2018. For our team at CureSearch, that means continuing to fight to make treatments and cures possible for the 43 children diagnosed with cancer each day. Read more about how we’re breaking down barriers and catapulting pediatric cancer research out of the lab and into the marketplace with our research strategy.
Want more stories like this?
Get emails that matter, when it matters.