Introduction to Catapult Strategy
CureSearch launched a game-changing strategy that directly addresses the largest obstacles impeding medical progress. Our research strategy was brought forth to address two major problems that exist today:
Problem: A lack of cancer treatments available for children. For many complex reasons, children’s cancer research often doesn’t turn into real treatments for children. Life-saving discoveries made in the lab fall short to moving forward… where they help kids who urgently need it.
Problem: Available treatments are often too-toxic and have devastating side effects. Many of the current treatments available today leave children with lifelong and life-threatening side effects.
At CureSearch, we are driven to deliver better treatments for children NOW. Children deserve access to cancer-curing therapies made for their little bodies. They deserve a life without destructive side effects or secondary diseases. They deserve to live the rest and best of their lives.
CureSearch recognizes we need to change a broken system. We have the key players in place and your fundraising dollars will help us get there. Donate to support our strategy that accelerates treatments.
To accomplish our research vision, we created the Catapult Strategy.
The CureSearch Difference
We’re doing things differently to change the status quo in the pediatric cancer realm. Through the Catapult Strategy:
- We break down barriers by bringing together groups that traditionally don’t work together – scientists, pharmaceutical companies, regulatory agencies (like the FDA) – with one mutual end goal: new, safer treatments to kids.
- Dollars raised are put towards pediatric cancer clinical trials with the highest potential so treatments can be fast tracked to children.
- We support researchers through funding, as well as through guidance, knowledge, and relationships to navigate the regulatory environment and clinical trials network to ensure the greatest chance of success.
Catapult Strategy Research Programs
Early-stage research programs play a key role in our strategy to ensure that treatments reach children who need it. We do this through our:
- Young Investigators portfolio where we provide seed funding for bright researchers, early in their careers, pursuing exciting novel ideas.
- Acceleration Initiative program which addresses the largest obstacles in children’s cancer research, driving translational research to the clinic.
- Catapult Awards that advance the strongest research into clinical trials and ultimately drug development.
CureSearch won’t stop until more and better children’s cancer treatments are out of the lab and into the clinic and commercialization, ensuring more children live long, healthy and productive lives.
CureSearch Research FAQs
Interested in learning more about the CureSearch Catapult Strategy? Email National Director, Business Development Kelli Wright.