Many tests and procedures are done to see exactly where cancer cells are located inside the body. The combination of tests used will be different for each child because of the different types of cancer. For any test that is performed, it’s important to understand:
- Why the test/procedure is being done.
- How the results will influence treatment.
- What your child will experience during the test/procedure.
- What you can do to help prepare your child.
- Medicines to reduce pain during the test/procedure.
- Are there risks to performing the test/procedure?