Our daughter Krislynn was diagnosed with Stage 4 Wilms tumor (Kidney cancer) which spread to her liver, lungs, abdominal nodules, and enlarged lymph nodes on 10/15/2016.
Her treatment was brutal.
- Treatment COG AREN0533 with DD4A, Viscrstine/ Dactinomycin/ Doxorubcin, Cyclophosphamide and Etoposide
- 11/2016 Right kidney removed
- She had intense abdominal and lung radiation.
- She relapsed in early 2017 to her right lung and original tumor site.
- Four rounds of ICE. More chemo
- Booster radiation.
- High dose chemo and stem cell rescue
Her next biggest hurdle is puberty. That’s when we will know (hopefully) if she will need a kidney transplant sooner (teenager) rather then later in life (adult). I am thinking she will be well into adulthood before she needs one.
Due to all the chemo she received she’s at increased risk for developing a secondary cancer. The most recent drug she received was made in the 1980’s.
Yet she still smiles
– Jennifer Eccles